30 Apr 2020

Painted Cookies

Flower Painted Heart cookie
I've been experimenting with painting my cookies and I must admit I'm a big fan of this new (to me) way of decorating. I love the effect, and since I have so many colour gels already, it's a simple matter to prepare a bunch of "paints" - a tiny amount of gel mixed with clear vanilla extract - and I'm off to the races .

This heart shaped cookie was my first painting attempt. I'm using an artist brush that I closely trimmed to a very fine tip. Lacking horribly in talent, I still have trouble controlling the end and more often than not, I'm creating random lines on the white background that can't be erased or hidden, especially when I'm starting with black. But, I feel I'm getting the hang of it, and I'm completely smitten with the results. 


Painted cookies are clearly more work, and my pricing reflects that. But if you are looking for a gift that makes a statement, consider a small box of painted cookies to stun and amaze that special someone. Have a look at more examples on my Ordering page, and let me know if I can do some baking and painting for you. 



Flower Painted Heart cookie

Flower Painted Heart cookie with Butterfly

Flower Painted Heart cookie

Flower Painted Oval Plaque cookie

Flower Painted Heart cookie

Flower Painted Heart cookie


Flower Painted Heart cookie

Umbrella Painted Daisy cookie
Umbrella Painted Heart cookie

Flower Painted Daisy cookie

Flower Painted Heart cookie

No comments:

Post a Comment