16 Apr 2020

Chocolate Chunk Cookies

Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Everyone has their favourite chocolate chip cookie recipe. 

Except me. 

I've tried countless recipes over the years but the results were always ho hum. Good, yes. Edible, yes. But not stunning. Not "bakery" quality, not show-stoppers and definitely not sock removers (as in knock your socks off). Even the Mrs. Field's recipe that is so famous didn't tick all the boxes for me. 

So when my son found a chocolate chip cookie recipe that he wanted to try, I kept my eye-roll to myself and enthusiastically told him "Sure".
The results were surprising. Much to his annoyance, I told him we had to flat-out modify the recipe as it was written because there was no way I was letting him make it like that. He wasn't happy but he WAS happy with the results. So was I! Could this be the answer? It definitely had possibilities! A few weeks later, I had another close look at the recipe and we made them again. Delicious!! 

So here they are. Bling Bakery quality, absolutely amazing (in my opinion) Chocolate Chunk Cookies that are the epitome of decadence. True, I don't normally bake this way, and at my age I can no longer eat this sort of thing without it showing up on my physique, but still, I'm happy to have this type of cookie in my repertoire. Fit for a King, Queen, and Really Important Person such as yourself, just be sure to get a few extra walks in after enjoying.
Chocolate Chunk Cookies



No comments:

Post a Comment