20 Mar 2020

Coconut Oatmeal Cookies with Belgian Chocolate Drizzle

Coconut Oatmeal cookie with
Belgian dark chocolate swirls
I've always been leery of making anything with coconut to serve others. I guess I've come across too many people who don't like it or are allergic. But last summer, when I made some vanilla cupcakes and was experimenting with coconut buttercream, the reviews from 'the masses' were positive and no one had to visit the hospital. That experience gave me the gumption to work with an oatmeal cookie recipe that I'd already modified to suit my oatmeal taste buds. After a number of modifications and experimenting with different ways to bake them, I've ended up with a coconut oatmeal cookie that has become my new favourite. 


These cookies are healthy healthy healthy. They are low in fat, low in sugar, and packed full of rolled oats and coconut. They are the perfect company for your afternoon coffee; filling, thanks to the oats, they have staying power, thanks to the coconut, and the Belgian dark chocolate drizzle gives them a little added fanciness. The cookies are squished very flat so they need a good 7 to 8 bites to finish one off. They make an excellent choice to have after a workout, or to serve your guests who may be weight-conscious and wanting to avoid high-fat desserts such as pie or cake. $1 each.
Coconut Oatmeal cookie with
Belgian dark chocolate swirls

No comments:

Post a Comment