20 Mar 2020

Chocolate Chunk Cookies

Chocolate Chunk cookie
There are a ton of chocolate chip cookie recipes out there and everyone seems to have their favourite. Personally, I've shied away from these calorie bombs for a number of years because as I've grown older and my metabolism slows, I just can't eat this sort of treat without it showing up later on the outside of my stomach. I also seem incapable of eating just ONE cookie at a time, so I tend to lean (....get it?..."lean"?) toward healthy, flavourful, not-sweet-not-rich baking that gives me the option of having 3 or 4 cookies at once without feeling or seeing the after effects. But enough about my eating habits.


With all that said, a few weeks ago one of my boys found a chocolate chip cookie recipe on YouTube that he wanted to show me and was anxious to try. Hmm. The recipe had a TON of salt - oh, I'm not joking people - and cinnamon and a few other little quirks that piqued my interest. I said "Sure" and we went to work with my stand mixer. They had to be edible so I put the brakes on some of the ingredients and in the end, they were pretty good. Well, well. Maybe because it had been years and years since I've had a home-baked chocolate chip cookie, or maybe because I'm now running my humble bakery, but whatever the reason, I decided this recipe was worth whipping into shape to offer to my customers.

And here they are. These chocolate chunk cookies are higher in fat than I would normally like, but on the upside, they aren't sweet. The chopped dark chocolate chunks really makes these cookies feel like the delightful treat they are meant to be. A heavier cookie, these would be great for those times when a proper meal is a few hours away - think, arriving at the cottage with all the unpacking ahead of you and everyone anxious to run to the beach. One of these cookies with a banana and some water and everyone's all set until dinner. $1 each. 

No comments:

Post a Comment