29 Jun 2020

Maple Leaf Canada Day Cookies

Bling Bakery Canada Day
butter cookies with glaze flood
I had a customer request some Canada Day cookies for her staff and residents. She had sent me a picture of a red flooded maple leaf cookie with 'OH! Canada!' written on it in black, food grade marker and was asking for that design. No problem! I had the cutter, but what I didn't have was success in making red glaze flood that didn't go blotchy after a few days. 

Time was on my side, no need to panic, so I hopped off to the local cake decorating supply shop, then home again home again with a bottle of Sugarflair Red Extra. 

Well. Let me tell you. Magic. My 'experiment' cookie still looked amazing SIX DAYS after it was flooded. This is the difference that quality makes!!! I was thrilled and obviously, off to the races - doing a quantity of cookies for my customer would be no problem.


However, this got me thinking about Canada Day cookies that would be more in keeping with my Bling Bakery 'brand'. To me that means class, elegance, uniqueness and beauty, all packed into a cookie. What to do what to do. 

As with everything that's meant to be, the answer was obvious. A Canada Day provincial floral collection!! It was a huge project that took a very long time to paint but the end result was stunning (if I do say so myself). Clearly I'll have to be more organized next year and have these on offer long before July 1. I think it would be really neat for customers to order provinces and territories that had personal meaning for them; where they have lived in the past, where their children are living now, where they have worked, where family is working, where they plan to retire. You get the idea. 

Here they are in all their glory; Newfoundland and Labrador, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, Yukon Territories, Northwest Territories, and Nunavut. 
Alberta, Nova Scotia, Ontario hand-painted
provincial flowers on Bling Bakery butter cookies


Prince Edward Island, Quebec, New Brunswick
hand-painted provincial flowers on Bling Bakery butter cookies

Manitoba, Saskatchewan hand-painted
provincial flowers on Bling Bakery butter cookies

Newfoundland and Labrador, Yukon Territories,
British Columbia provincial flowers hand-painted
on Bling Bakery butter cookies

Northwest Territories, Nunavut provincial flowers
hand-painted on Bling Bakery butter cookies

Hand-painted Canada Day provincial floral collection
on Bling Bakery butter cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment